Easy Sauteed Potatoes with Chorizo
- 1 tablespoon olive or virgin sunflower oil
- 1 lb. or package of chorizo, remove casing or chunked
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 pound red potatoes, diced and boiled
- 2 Diced, fresh heirloom tomatoes
- 1 Diced, fresh green or red bell pepper
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
Heat the oil in a heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chorizo and cook, breaking up the clumps, about 10 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the chorizo to a paper lined plate to absorb any additional oil. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon of fat from the pan. Add the oniond and boiled potatoes and saute until brown, about 12 minutes. Stir in the cooked chorizo and season with just a little salt and pepper, to taste. Transfer to a serving bowl and top with diced tomatoes & peppers. Serve warm.
This can also be wrapped in a tortilla with a little shredded cheese added if desired. It makes excellent filling for a breakfast burrito on the go!