Creamy Garlic & Cheese Brussel Sprouts
6 Slices Schenker's Uncured Regular or Peppered bacon
1 Tablespoon real butter
4 Cups Brussel sprouts bottoms removed and halved (fresh is best)
½ Cup chopped onion (optional)
2 Tablespoons garlic minced
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning optional
salt and pepper to taste
1 Cup heavy cream
1/2 Cup shredded parmesan cheese*
½ Cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut bacon into small pieces.
3. Heat a cast iron skillet to medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook 3-4 minutes or until crispy but not burned.
4. Remove the bacon from the pan. Add 1 tablespoon butter, brussels sprouts, and onion to the same pan you cooked the bacon in. Season with salt, pepper, and 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning; Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
5. Pour in heavy cream, stir until bubbling. Top with cheese and bacon. Put the skillet in the oven and bake 15 minutes.
This is a KETO-Friendly dish with very low carbs. It is so delicious, you will never know it's diet food. ;) Happy Eating! Cherie