YOU WILL NEED:
- Lamb Kabobs 4-1/2 pounds
- Olive oil 1/2 cup
- Maple syrup 1/4 cup
- Fresh rosemary, finely chopped 1/4 cup
- Coriander seeds, crushed 2 tablespoons
- Fennel seeds, toasted, crushed 2 tablespoons
- Mustard seeds, crushed 2 tablespoons
- Black pepper, cracked 2 teaspoons
- Kosher salt 1-1/2 teaspoons
- Fresh rosemary skewers/stems or 24 6-inch bamboo skewers soaked in water
- Greek yogurt, plain 2 cups
- Cucumber, peeled, seeded, diced 1-1/2 cups
- Plum tomatoes, diced 1 cup
- Scallions, minced 1/2 cup
- Fresh mint, minced 2 tablespoons
- Maple syrup 2 tablespoons
- Pitas, 6-inch, grilled 12
- Fresh parsley, minced 1/4 cup
In a bowl, combine oil, syrup, rosemary, coriander, fennel, mustard, pepper and salt.
Place lamb sirloin in a baking dish or very large zip lock style bags; pat marinade onto lamb. Toss well to coat evenly. Cover; refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight, turning meat often, until ready to cook.
Thread 3 or 4 marinated lamb chunks (3 ounces) onto each rosemary herb or bamboo skewer, securing well. Place on sheet pan; cover until ready to prepare.
In a bowl, mix yogurt, cucumber, tomatoes, scallions, mint and syrup. Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
To serve: For each serving, grill 2 skewers of lamb, about 2 to 3 minutes per side, to desired doneness; place on grilled pita bread. Spoon 1/3 cup yogurt sauce over top; serve with a sprinkling of parsley.
*Recipe adapted from the American Lamb Board.