Sweet Sesame Beef Kabobs
You'll Need:1 pound Grass-fed Beef Kabobs
1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1-inch pieces
16 canned pineapple chunks, drained
Salt and pepper
Uncooked quick-cooking brown rice
Marinade:3 large cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Combine marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Remove and reserve 1/4 cup in a small saucepan. Place beef and remaining marinade in large bowl; stir beef kabobs to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 min. up to 2 hours.
- Remove kabobs from marinade; discard marinade. Alternately place beef, bell pepper, zucchini and pineapple evenly onto eight 10-inch metal skewers. (Chunks of red onion can be used too for extra flavor.)
- Place the kabobs on a cast iron grill pan or BBQ grill. Grill, covered, 8 to 10 minutes, turning once. Kabobs should be a little pink inside when finished. Never cook all of the pink out of grass-fed beef or it will be overdone and tough. Season with sea salt and cracked black pepper, to taste.
- Cook rice.
- Place the reserved marinade in a saucepan. Bring to a simmer and stir.
- Serve the kabobs over the rice. Drizzle with the hot marinade.
These are easy to make and super delicious. We prefer brown rice or wild rice to compliment them along with a fresh salad.
*Original recipe adapted from National Beef Board to meet our family's taste, budget & healthy food choices.